If you want to make a referral to the Practice Review group (formally the SCR Sub group) for consideration of a child safeguarding practice review or please use the form here.
- Family M Published Report – April 2018: neglect and child sexual abuse (Themes include: historic concerns in relation to abuse and neglect; assessing risk of contact abuse by those who download child sexual abuse images; link between child sexual abuse and other forms of abuse and neglect; escalating concerns)
- SCR Family M: WSCB Response Plan
- SCR Family M: Learning Lessons Practice Briefing
- SCR Family M: Slides outlining the case and findings for using to disseminate learning within your organisation
- Baby J Published Report – April 2016:non accidental injuries to a baby whilst in the care of their parents (Themes include: adolescents parents; impact on parent’s background on their parenting capacity; homelessness; Common Assessment Framework; risk assessment)
- Child O – Overview Report (Haringey) – October 2015: Death by suicide of an adolescent, placed in Wiltshire, who had a history of self-harm, eating disorders and suicidal thoughts. (Themes include: child sexual exploitation)
- Child R & S Overview Report (Hampshire) – October 2013: Death of two siblings in 2012 at their family home in Wiltshire. Cause of death is still to be determined but it is believed that father drugged then suffocated Child R and Child S before hanging himself. Family were well known to services and the children had been looked after by Wiltshire local authority for a period of 7 months, which ended when they were returned to father’s care, 6 months prior to their deaths (Themes include: domestic abuse; parental substance misuse; acrimonious separation and conflict in regards to custody and contact; insufficient multi-agency assessment and planning; fixed mind set and rigid thinking by professionals)
- Child H Published Overview Report – September 2012: significant non-accidental injuries to a 5 month old baby. (Themes include: impact on parent’s background on their parenting capacity; paternal and maternal excessive drinking; acrimonious separation; conflict in the parental relationship; father’s previous prison sentence for violent assault; regular admittance of Child H to hospital; discharge planning; effectiveness of strategy discussions)
- Child H – Lessons Learnt
- Child G Published Overview Report – August 2011: suicide of a teenage girl (Themes include: self harm; substance misuse; high risk behaviours; information sharing; escalation of concerns)
- Child G – Lessons Learnt
The NSPCC Repository provides a single place for published case reviews to make it easier to access and share learning at a local, regional and national level.
The repository is accessible via the NSPCC library online, which has over 600 case reviews and inquiry reports dating back to 1945. There are also NSPCC Thematic Briefings available on a range of themes.
The Pathways to harm, pathways to protection: a triennial analysis of serious case reviews 2011-2014 is a study which examines serious case reviews (SCRs) considers findings from a 10-year period from 2003. The aim of the study is to provide evidence of key issues and challenges for agencies working singly and together.